Tagged: 

• Author
    Profile photo of Mrs. Joseph Wood
    Mrs. Joseph Wood
    Keymaster

God has called each of us to Himself. Taking into consideration how the Lord woo’s His people, consider applying that principal to your parenting. Ways to win the heart of your child, keep the heart of your child, and fight for the heart of your child are all discussed here. Have questions about this topic? A praise to share in this area? Then you’re in the right place! Post here!

Mrs. Joseph Wood
    Keymaster

Watch how your children respond to your correction. A child who gets angry, clams up, or pouts and acts like they are a failure is exposing a foolish heart. Pay attention, bring it to your child’s attention and go to the Scriptures to show them that when the wise are corrected they get wiser but the foolish despise correction. I am constantly leading my children through the process of correction so they can examine their heart and grow!

Mrs. Joseph Wood
    Keymaster

If a child cannot trust you to care for them spiritually, emotionally, and physically you cannot expect them to hand over the only thing they have control of themselves. To win a child’s heart you MUST be prepared to answer the hard questions, to hear the ugly truth of their sin and to graciously forgive. You have to lay aside your dreams and aspirations for their life and let them gaze at the stars and dream of who they want to be, not what you want them to be.

Read more about Winning our Children’s Hearts… from an Adult Child’s Perspective, here.

Mrs. Joseph Wood
    Keymaster

Last night before bed I gave my 13 year old son a hug, something we enjoy every night before bed. I whispered in his ear as I hugged him, “I love you son. I am proud to be your mother!”

Don’t forget to tell your children you are proud of them, you love them, and you believe God has great plans for their life. Let them know you are excited to see them live out His purpose.

I am confident this reminds our children that they were greater for such a time as this. They are not a mistake or here by accident. We need them!!!

Mrs. Joseph Wood
    Keymaster

Randomly leave a note with Scripture and encouragement for your child to find.

On their pillow before bed. On the bathroom mirror for them to discover when they wake up.

Under their sandwich at lunch time. Keep it random and keep it sincere!

I have done this for years and still I hear, “Thank you mom. that’s exactly what I needed.”

Mrs. Joseph Wood
    Keymaster

Mothering your grown children is just as vital as you mother your little ones.

Seasons change, needs change but your children still need your grace.

Take a moment to ask how you can help your older children with a task they have to complete.

Mrs. Joseph Wood
    Keymaster

Don’t stand by as your baby cries.Demonstrate the character of God and how He answers us when we cry to Him.

The only cry a mother should not jump to answer is the angry cry.

Never ignore the repent full cry, the cry for comfort, or the cry for help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.